Durable Power of Attorney
Serving New York & North Carolina
A durable power of attorney is a legal document that grants someone you trust, known as your agent or attorney-in-fact, the authority to make financial and legal decisions on your behalf when you are unable to do so. This document ensures that your affairs are taken care of according to your wishes, even if you become incapacitated.
Why Do You Need a Durable Power of Attorney?
Having a durable power of attorney in place is crucial for several reasons:
- Protection during incapacity: If you become mentally or physically unable to handle your financial and legal matters, a durable power of attorney ensures that someone you trust can step in and manage your affairs.
- Avoiding guardianship proceedings: Without a durable power of attorney, your loved ones may need to go through a costly and time-consuming guardianship process to gain the authority to act on your behalf.
- Continuity of financial management: With a durable power of attorney, your agent can continue to pay bills, manage investments, file taxes, and handle other financial matters on your behalf.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
At Gerard Parisi, our Estate & Probate attorneys have extensive experience in creating durable powers of attorney tailored to our clients' specific needs. We understand the importance of this document in protecting your interests, and we will work closely with you to ensure that your wishes are accurately reflected.
Our services include:
- Consultations to assess your unique situation and understand your goals and concerns.
- Thorough drafting and review of durable power of attorney documents, ensuring they comply with New York state laws and include all necessary provisions.
- Guidance in selecting a trusted agent who will act in your best interests.
- Explanation of the powers and limitations of a durable power of attorney.
- Assistance with the execution and notarization of the document.
Contact Our NY& NC Durable POA Lawyers
By working with our skilled attorneys, you can have peace of mind knowing that your financial and legal matters will be handled according to your wishes, even in the event of incapacity.
Contact Gerard Parisi today to schedule a consultation and take the necessary steps to protect your future.
Client Won CustodyAs many of you may know legendary singer/songwriter Aretha Franklin died in 2018 without leaving a will. Other wealthy celebrities such as Prince have done the same. This can lead to many types of unwanted consequences. As an example, the T&E department at PCS is currently ...
Brothers Inheritance RestoredAfter much litigation including more than a dozen depositions, obtaining numerous medical records and various other relevant documents, expert medical testimony, and the beginnings of trial preparation, an estate dispute was settled on behalf of our client for $700,000. Our ...
Porch Will Matter ResolvedIn another important, yet smaller financial matter, we recently settled a will contest where the decedent's will was signed and witnessed …. on his front doorstep. It was argued that the proper legal formalities were not followed in the execution of the will in this case and ...
Personalized Guidance From Start to Finish
We are very selective about the cases we take on to provide you with the highest quality representation.
Attorneys and Certified Public Accountants
Unique knowledge for accountings, tax laws, asset valuations and complex estates.
Exceptional Estate and Trust Law Experience
Over 65-years collective experience in estate and trust planning, administration, litigation, and guardianship.
I couldn’t have asked for anyone better to assist me.
Client Won CustodyDying Without A WillAs many of you may know legendary singer/songwriter Aretha Franklin died in 2018 without leaving a will. Other wealthy celebrities such as Prince have done the same. This can lead to many types of unwanted consequences. As an example, the T&E department at PCS is currently ...
Son Must Repay Mother’s EstateEstate CaseA local man and his then-wife used undue influence on his elderly mother to clean out the woman’s bank accounts before she passed away, a Schenectady County Surrogate’s Court ruled this week. The verdict, in a case brought by the woman’s two other sons, means the man and his ...
Brothers Inheritance RestoredEstate DisputeAfter much litigation including more than a dozen depositions, obtaining numerous medical records and various other relevant documents, expert medical testimony, and the beginnings of trial preparation, an estate dispute was settled on behalf of our client for $700,000. Our ...